Friday, September 21, 2007

Student is novelist, aspiring filmmaker

A Life Skills Center of Elyria student who is a novelist and aspiring moviemaker says the school is helping him achieve his dreams.

George Keller, 18, an Elyria resident has published "Claus, Santa and Me," and "The Galalian."

After his first two books, Keller has written a screenplay "Drakan, A Hero's Journey," for which he is currently seeking funding in hopes of filming during the summer of 2009.

"Life Skills has given me the opportunity to work at my own pace and finish high school far earlier than I normally would, allowing me to pursue my career in earnest," Keller said.

"I have greatly enjoyed working with many of the Life Skills teachers who challenged me to do my best and were always there to answer questions and provide support.”

Keller said he is looking to graduate from Life Skills Center of Elyria in December and wants to attend Lorain County Community College and then Ohio State.

In the film "Drakan," Hollywood actor and fitness star Christian Boeving, will play Drakan, and his loyal friend, Rogan, will be played by Hollywood actor, Dave Andrews, who was recently featured in the movie, "The Holiday", with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslett.

Voiceover expert Neil Kaplan will lend his talents to the voice of Eberheart, the wizard’s talking owl. Kaplan has appeared as the voice of Optimus Prime, Yoda, Scooby Doo and dozens of other characters in features and cartoons.

No comments: