Friday, May 25, 2007

Cleveland rally backs school choice



Life Skills Center of Elyria graduate Amanda Renish represented Life Skills Centers at a school choice rally Thursday in Cleveland.

"My family and I are lifelong supporters of Life Skills Center and I will continue to be an advocate for school choice because it is what saved my life," she said.

Renish said she wanted to drop out of school before learning about Life Skills Center of Elyria.

Other speakers at the event included Ohio House Speaker Jon Husted, Ohio Rep. Josh Mandel (R-Lyndhurst) and other students, parents and administrators.



"We shouldn't restrict the opportunity - we should expand the opportunity," Husted said. "I want every state senator to hear from you."



Here is a link to Amanda's speech.



Life Skills Centers of Lake Erie, Cleveland, Northeast, Elyria and Canton were represented as well as Hope Academy and Ohio Distance and Electronic Learning Academy.



No comments: