Friday, October 5, 2007

School art contest winner announced

Life Skills Center of Canton student Jonathan McGregor, 19, a Plain Township resident, won a fall art contest by the school. Jonathan's picture is called "Harvest Moon."

"I've been drawing since I was little," he said. "It's something I love doing. My mom likes to draw. She influenced me."

The contest was judged by staff members.

"His picture was very creative," said Polly Ainsworth, a Title One English teacher at the school and Tuscarawas Township resident. "It was inspirational to other students because they looked at it and wanted to learn from his techniques."

Ainsworth said he wants to have art contests weekly through the fall at the school.

McGregor says he enjoys Life Skills.

"It allows a smooth transition from other schools," he said, adding he is hoping to graduate in December.

No comments: