Thursday, February 21, 2008

Story about Springfield featured graduate

Megan Layton credits Life Skills Center of Springfield for giving her a second chance.

After dropping out of ECOT and being on drugs, becoming pregnant and having her boyfriend kick her out of her house, Layton said she couldn't live her life the same way.

"I looked at my life and thought I needed to make some changes," she said.

Layton said staff members at the school have been a major help.

"The teachers support me and allow me to work at my own pace," she said.

"The fact that she hasn't given up when she's had the opportunity to give up says a lot about her," said Administrator Edward Haskins.

After graduation, Layton said she's planning on attending Clark State College in Springfield to study journalism and mortuary science.

No comments: